Saturday, July 27, 2013

Super Sensitive World or No?

Alrighty folks it's group interaction time. I am going to break away from the norm of blogging about horror and geekness to address a topic. I've been slightly irritated by this mass of negative comments based on a picture that I posted online. The question posed is are these people being too sensitive or am I being too sensitive. First off we shall start with the picture in question.




This is a picture of my 15 year old dog that we saved from the shelter. When people adopt pets they rarely adopt old dogs. We saw this dog and fell in love and she has been a huge part of our family for two years now. Despite her old age she has the personality of a wild woman, needless to say she fits right in. She is spoiled and sleeps on a better mattress than we do. Sometimes we like to cut her hair and put a little bit of color in it to show off her wild personality. Yes the color is animal safe and washes out without harming the dog. I decide to post this picture on reddit to show off my awesome dog. Apparently after posting this picture I am an animal abuser and evil person. One person even wrote "that is horrible, you should be reported". OK are you fucking kidding me people. I apparently have to post a disclaimer that no dogs were injured in the making of this picture and all animals involved signed a voluntary consent form. 

The question is, has political correctness and all these other social issues made people super sensitive? Can people no longer see something and just smile? Must they immediately think something was done wrongly. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but can someone really say that I was causing harm and/or mental distress to this animal. I think it's safe to say that there are more pressing issues in the world then if I give my dog a pink Mohawk. Just saying....



No comments:

Post a Comment